Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Alamo

Hello everybody,

From the Alamo, I had read the summary and characteristics of those actors from Ms. Tori's blog. I think it is appropriate and easy to understand already.

So, I would like to keep it more short in my blog and tell you guys what is my opinion of this movie.

For the main charactors; Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, Jame Bowie, William Travis. In my opinion, I think all of them can divided as a level of history. What do I mean by this? I mean from their characteristic, Sam is a leader who has an authority to command people. He is necessary but not needed everytime. He like a past tense who had succeed then become a high position person.
Davy Crockett is same as Sam, he's been success before and not to dare with anything that make he lost all great honor that he's been before.
The interesting to compare is Jame Bowie and William Travis. Both of them totally different character but almost the same in their duty. Jame is always drunk but he live his life with duty and his tragic past, anyway he being proud from his men and followers as a great man. William is more interesting, he has less experience than Jame and not many people respect him but he has prove himself and became the good leader as Jame used to be.

The movie is invent a symbol to make more understanding too. I don't know it is right or not, or it just my idea. I think the unfinish church is a symbol of unfinish war. To show that the war never end, peace is not easy to create but still need to fight for it. Another symbol is musical, this movie use music to make an audiences feel and more touching with the movie.

1 comment:

Cecil Hill said...

Very nicely done. The Alamo is the number one attraction in San Antonio. I have been there a dozen times at least. It certainly is the symbol for Texas independence.

Davy Crockett was by far the most famous person at the Alamo. I loved it when he shot the epalettes off Santana's shoulder and then casually said he missed. I think he got Santana's attention.

Also Travis answered the decree to leave with a cannon ball. Very impressive way to start a war. Travis is a man of conviction for sure.

The Alamo really is a symbol for freedom.

I liked the way you handled the characters and did not just repeat what others had said.

Good job and I am happy to see you back blogging. Remember- it is your fault I now have the blog I have. Thanks.