Part IV: REPLACEMENTS
Summary
Due to heavy casualties, a group of fresh paratrooper replacements joins Easy Company in time for a massive drop into German-occupied Holland for Operation Market-Garden. While met with no resistance in Eindhoven, Easy and a cluster of British tanks are repelled from a nearby town by a superior German force, sustaining many casualties as they retreat. The Allied plan to enter Germany through Holland and end the war before Christmas fails.
It’s time to get promoted, I saw everyone were get promoted and hang around in the common room for relaxing. This part show that pin, a mark, a seal or any sign which show that you are brave or good soldier is very important. And everyone proud of it, and I think it good to proud because it not easy to earn. Also they earn by hard fight and sacrifice for the war and their company.
Because the company had more privates join the company. Those sergeants had to help the new privates. I think they didn’t do by duty only but when they look at the privates it can remind them that they were like them before. Experiences of real field by sergeants teach those privates well.
When the company reaches to Holland, people welcome them all. What I don’t understand is why people quite cruel. They make women who slept with German (correct me if I’m wrong) humiliate publicly by shave their hair off.
The company had to join with other army (French army) and it makes a lot of problem. Because of different country, different language, and different culture can make conflict. It’s not easy to communicating and trusting in other nation. One scene I think that if they trust easy company the tank will not be destroyed and the mission will not fail. They lost many soldiers in this field, they trap and had fewer soldiers to fight then they had to step back to the camp.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment